6.15.2010

Everyone sees what you seem but few know who you are

"Everyone sees what you seem but few know who you are."


That's a quote from someone back in the 1880's I think. I lost who it was by and I don't know where I found it. This speaks true. Just a thought. I've recently had to deal with issues that there was hearsay and third persons words. It had a deep impact on my family. I won't go into detail….only those who truly know who I am know what I'm talking about. There are times I like to share things with everyone in the world. But there are subjects that I like to keep private. I think that if I exploit myself and issues then I have no way of trying to shield myself or preserve who I truly am. I am open to people but I am private at the same time. I like to keep my private issues to those that are truly close to me. It eventually worked out and things are so called "normal" again. But it affected many people and I just want to say to those that were involved, thank you for listening to All Sides of what happened before passing judgment. It reminded me of a story from my 5th grade teacher. She told us:

A teacher had a glass ball placed on her desk. When a few students were arguing….she got the 2 kids, a boy and a girl who were arguing about who was right and who was wrong. She placed them at opposite sides of the desk and asked them to look at the ball and tell the class what they saw. The girl said she saw "White". The boy said he saw "Black". They again argued that each was right in what they saw. She told them now switch places and tell what they saw.

The girl now saw "Black" and the boy now saw "White". They couldn't believe it. She told them: Not always what you think you see is right, you have to see the other person's point of view before shouting what you see and declare that you are right.

Funny, I can't remember much of what I was doing last July, but I remember that story from 5th grade. Now if this was the case for say ballot issues or other things that you have facts and proof you compare. You see. Without everything…..you really can't say fairly what it is and isn't. Just like at work I can't evaluate a case until all the verifications are received. It's a parallel thing, hope you all understand my Adult ADD story.

You can take away from this blog as you want, but I hope that you truly take the depth of this quote: "Everyone sees what you seem, but few know who you are." I love this quote so much I may get this on me…..forever….

Hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

No comments: