5.06.2010

You've been learning Spanish since before the 1940's!

I came across this in the County Archives.  http://www.oac.cdlib.org/ark:/13030/tf6290050d/?brand=oac4

If you click on the link for Verso of Page 8.  Then click on Recto of Page 7.  I like the drawing!

So Stanley Hayami Diary, 1941-1944 shows he was learning Spanish.

hmm...for everyone who is doing this bashing on Mexican's your lovely school system has had this language in place since you were born! Did you get bad grades back then? Is that why you are so angry.

I don't mind that there is a case for if you are here illegally, then you should take legal procedures to become legally here.  However I cannot stand the fact that it's always targeted to a specific race.  It's on the border line between a hate crime (with the slurs, the un-americanism of using this heated topic as a platform to hide your bigotry...well most not all persons) and racism (targeting a single race).

Do you know that other races use all sides of the American border to come here.  East Coast, West Coast, Mexico border and yes the Canadian border.

One year I joined in the downtown march.  I met a guy, real nice white guy and I asked so what brings you to march with us? He said because he was here illegally.  His Canada Visa expired and was supposed to go back but he didn't want to and he felt that he should support changes for people here illegally to become legal.  I asked him if he were afraid he'd get caught.  He said "No, they look at me and think im a citizen, they don't question me.  But you guys, you guys get checked all the time."

There are persons here who crossed from China, Africa, Middle East, Canada, all over the world. 

I go to visit my family in Missouri, and before all this got to be a $hit storm, I would get the side eye from folk over there.  You can feel the stares and the racial thoughts coming from some minds.  It's sad.  Sadder that even in my own melting pot of California that I start to notice.

I'm here legally.  I'm a Citizen.  I'm an American.  So are my parents and their parents. Generations. I'm proud of my heritage and my descendants.  Just because your not proud of your roots (European) and you don't show your love for your descendants...don't knock the one's that do. I support our troops.  Hell my best friend served in the Marines, as well as my uncle's (Air Force, Army) and my grandfather (Army) I still have the wings he received when he was a para-trooper.

Before you further stick your foot in your mouth, check the sole to see the foundation where you have been walking.  Because many races, Native, Middle East, Mexican, Italian, Japanese, African and many more have walked these plains before and next to your ancestors.  If your ancesters were even here first....did you check which boat (Nina, Pinta or Santa Maria) they were on?

I'm not trying to debate who was here first.  Just know the roots.  We are all here now and have to deal with the present mainly but keep those things in mind.

I just want fairness.  Hope that you do too.

No comments: