6.15.2010

A New Slope

A new slope


Is it necessary to go the normal route?

I fell down a slope that I never knew existed. I always was cautious trying to step into footsteps that were laid down before me on the beaten path.

The same winding path where I could close my eyes and walk and never stumble.

I never knew. I didn't see it coming.

I knew I was tired of being the tour guide, and now I'm the tourist.

New smells, new light.

A new me.

I always followed that map on the same ol' path.

But I fell down a slope that I never knew existed for me.

A slope that's custom fit. Mud, rocks, brush, trees and all. Branches sticking out like little obstacles we call life.

I didn't even try to reach out or try to slow myself down. I smiled the whole way through. Not knowing when or where it will end.

I'm enjoying it, every single moment of it.

Even if it leads to another place…I'm still going to smile.

I never knew.

I never knew it existed.

I didn't see it coming.

And I smile the whole way through.


[ written by: Lorenza E. Campos on 5/2/07 ]

No comments: